Lose Weight Quickly, Gain Friends Fast.

What Motivates You To Exercise?





An idea came to me about four months ago. I was sitting watching the British T.V show "you are what you eat" when a thought hit me. Seeing how it is very difficult to get motivated to lose weight and the state of today's economy, I thought instead of selling and buying ourselves out of our unhealthy and declining lives why not just give and lose our way out.

I have this guitar my wife bought me seven years ago still in mint condition, well, because I only held and strung her a few times, I decided to sell her. Yes, she's a she. I named her Ernestine, after my wife. She's a Johnson acoustic, and like I said she's in very good condition.


I figure there is someone out there who always wanted to learn to play, or maybe they have a son or daughter who always wanted to learn, but somehow just couldn't find the funds to purchase it. Well, Christmas has come early for the person who takes me up on my offer.

This is my offer, since I never learned to play, I want to give someone with a burning desire a chance to do so. I don't want cash for the guitar. I want pounds. Yes, you read that right. I will sell my Ernestine to that individual which meets my price. My price is 15 lbs. That's only $23.85 in British lbs. You will get a $145 guitar for $23.85. Wow, that sounds like a giveaway when you put it that way, huh.

Like I said before I'm not looking for cash. This is not a cash deal. I want pounds, body pounds, weight, fat, blubber or whatever else you want to call it. Whoever have the pounds or body fat to buy my Ernestine feel free to leave your comments here telling me your story, and also so you'll know what order you come in order to keep it fair.

I may also need to see before and after photos if you're chosen. You will have three and a half months to pay up. If after 3-1/2 months I don't have my 15 pounds than the guitar goes back up for sale for the next lucky loser (pun intended). You must also log your daily journey here or start your own blog and link back here for the entire six months. You now no longer have an excuse not to get your son, daughter or favorite relative that acoustic guitar they always wanted. Hopefully, they will pay it forward after they're done as I have done. And another thing, please keep it down I don't want my wife to know I'm giving her gift away. I'll shut up now and look for your comments. Talk Later.


P.S.

I know not everyone is into guitars and therefore, may not be motivated by them; this is a blog so talk about some of the things that you might be motivated to lose some pounds or body fat for. You never know someone reading this blog might have it lying around the house and may challenge you with it.

6 comments:

  1. I really think this is a brilliant idea. I hope it inspires lots of folk to get into the exercise routine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jase,

    So are you taking me up on this challenge or do you have a challenge of your own maybe? If neither then spread the word somebody out there needs this guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anyone who wants a guitar... and I don't know what I'd be willing to lose weight for. It's such a great idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,

    I've been playing guitar for 16 years, right up until both myself and my wife lost our jobs in january. I kind of tailed off and feel into a depression (pun intended).
    I had to sell my guitar so our son could have proper meals and we could have money on the electricity card.
    No bull; we're credit crisis casualties.
    I've always wanted to motivate myself to lose weight, too, but never followed through because people didn't push me, I didn't push myself and there were no noticeable results fast enough.
    I think this is an outstanding idea and more people should do it.
    If you'll have me, I'll make myself healthier and offer a good home to Ernestine.
    Whaddyasay?

    Dan

    child_of_ape@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan aka Child of ApeOctober 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM

    oh, sorry; I have a video on youtube if you want to take a look - username is childofape and it's the only vid I uploaded.
    That's my beautiful guitar, now MIA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Dan for stopping by the blog and posting your story. It was truly inspiring. I stopped by your youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxzgvrPcjhY) and I must say you are amazing with the acoustic, wow. It would be an honor to see Ernestine caressed by a musical Don Juan such as yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You. Before you go don't forget to email us to your friends and family!